News and Updates during COVID-19
Hello Friends and Bicycling Family! How are you all doing these days? It’s an unprecedented moment in history, and The Pedal Factory wanted to let you all know we are thinking of you. The hallmark of our mission is public open shop work days, when everyone is invited into our space to learn and collaborate. Whether you have joined us in the shop, out on a ride or at one of many community events, we want you to know we miss you. We are feeling the loss of normalcy, and know you are too. Although we can’t host public work days or rides right now, we are still working to make bikes accessible to all! Here’s what's happening at TPF currently…
- The Earn a Bike volunteer program is on hold. We WILL connect folks who need transportation with a bicycle, however. Volunteer hours may be deferred or waived, depending on individual situations. This is not the time to take mass transit. Need a way to get to work? Looking for a safe form of solo exercise without breaking the bank?? Contact us.
- Self service repairs inside the shop are on hiatus. There are 5 public workstations located around town that feature air pumps, tools and a work stand for holding your bike. Find these at: JF Hurley YMCA, Miller Rec Center, RPL Headquarters, South Branch YMCA, Salisbury Community Park. The work stations and tools are being sanitized regularly, but we encourage proper hand sanitizing before and after use.
- We are accepting drop off repairs at this time only. There is a charge for parts (same as in-shop self service repairs) and a donation towards labor is very appreciated. Appts may be made by calling or messaging the shop.
- Bicycle sales are UP!! We are so happy to see people embrace the bike right now, and thankful for the support of our community. Check our site often for the most current selection of “ready to roll” bicycles. As always, we can usually find a bike in our inventory to suit your needs and budget.
- Could your child use a bike for some socially distanced physical education during the next month? Let us know. We have many “ready to roll” kids bikes. Donations are welcome, however we know this is a tough time for many. Get in touch, and we’ll gladly help.
- We ARE accepting donations of used bikes at this time, but ask that you make an appointment. Donations can be made outside the building, either out front or in the back, without coming in or compromising anyone’s safety.
- Many events in the community have been postponed, but we are planning new dates. Stay tuned for bike rodeo announcements, “Let’s Ride, Rowan!” summer sessions, Bike to Basics classes, and updates on bike camp. For those who’ve registered for camp, know that we are still planning to hold sessions as scheduled. When more info is available - we will share!!
Peace and love to you and yours during this time. We are confident in our community and we can’t wait to welcome you all back into the shop. In the meantime, keep riding! (Just not in a group!)